CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Faith and Angel Cheeks

A few years ago one of my students gave me a figurine of an angel. This cute little angel is holding onto a wire with the word "faith" hanging from it. Although it must be picked up and turned to see, the angel is seated with its bare rear end exposed. It's called Angel Cheeks. Whenever I need a smile, I look at this angel.

Today, I'm looking at it from an entirely different perspective. Absolutely, there are memories associated with this figurine; however, today I'm looking at how it's hanging onto faith even though it's got parts that are exposed.

There have been times in my life where my faith seems so far away it seems I'm hanging on to it by a wire. Other times my faith is so great and near it seems that I've got it closest to my heart. Faith can be such a generic word. I'm glad I know that my faith is in Christ alone. I never want to have to hang on to faith by a thread, but sometimes a thread is all I've got.

Lord Jesus, help me in the seasons of my life where my faith is not strong enough and some of the personal parts are exposed. Help me when I feel vulnerable. Thank you for never leaving me even when I'm the one who has moved. You see all of me--the quiet and dark places in my heart and mind are exposed in the light of your love, and yet you love me. Your unchanging grace and mercy is so undeserved, and I am so very thankful. I'm thankful that You are the God who SAVES me. I love you, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment