CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 22, 2010

It's Been Awhile...

Greetings! I've decided that working is hard work! I'm thankful for my husband and my home. Last night I came home to a nice home-cooked meal and a relatively clean house. My boys are wonderful! (Granted--I don't hear the bickering and whatnot that happens before I walk in the door.)

I miss my family. I have to continue looking for higher paying jobs because this wage just isn't enough. The Lord will have to provide for us because I feel like I'm doing a terrible job of it right now. My body is complaining too, but that's another post.

I want to experience the fruit of the Spirit. I want to walk in it. The other night I was considering joy, and I realized that everytime I thought I was joyful it wasn't true joy. I was merely happy. It took a little while, but as circumstances changed and life situations became more difficult to deal with my "joy" began to deflate. A slow leak--I call it. It wasn't joy at all. It was happiness. It was circumstancial.

Joy is permanent. The joy of the Lord is permanent. I want that kind of joy--the kind that cannot be taken from me no matter what I'm facing.

Blessings to you,

the PTSD Widow

No comments:

Post a Comment