CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Beyond the Leaves..

Just in case you haven't heard, I love fall mornings!! The morning fog hides the changing landscape of our yard as more colorful leaves make there way to the ground. The sound of water boiling signals a relaxing cup of tea and time in God's Word. I love fall mornings!!

This morning I slept a little longer than usual. The whole family slept in today. Tuesday evenings take a toll on us all. The boys do not get home until after 9:30, and I always have to unwind before I can sleep. My husband finally fell asleep after 4 this morning. He will be grumpy and exhausted for the remainder of the day. I pray that somehow he is able to rest and relax some today.

My husband gets really anxious when there are changes to the routine. Even with plenty of warning, he becomes anxious and cannot sleep. I don't like to "rock the boat," but I'm tired of putting life on hold because of anxiety. Forget normalcy, we are living an odd sort of "normal." We live around PTSD because it has become the dictator of normal.

I say all this to say that my views of normal have changed over the years. I was thinking about autumn and all the smells, activities and family gatherings coming up. When I was young, I loved family gatherings. The first indication I had that family gatherings change over time was when I went away to college. I met this elderly couple who planned to spend their holidays without any of their kids. Their grown children had married and begun their own traditions. I thought this was odd, but now I understand.

Blessings today as you live through your normal,

the PTSD Widow

No comments:

Post a Comment