CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A New Day

"This is the day the LORD has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it." The last time I wrote, I was clearly upset. Truly there wasn't a good reason for me to post my woes on here. Please forgive me.

There was a terrible storm that woke me up in the middle of the night. I thought we were going to lose a tree, our roof, and much more! Thankfully, we stayed dry and warm and the storm moved on. This morning there are lots of downed trees, people are without power, there are roads closed due to water over the roadways and damaged roads, and people are wanting to get to work. It's amazing how much damage a storm can cause.

Emotional storms interrupt our life constantly. We never know when something said or a noise will trigger an outburst. PTSD does not care that we've had a great day so far--it will just blow in like a storm, wreak havoc, and leave. It's tough!

The sad part of PTSD is that we don't know the havoc and damage it causes our children. We must pray for them constantly. God is able to protect their hearts and minds from the damage of PTSD, and He is able to use our children mightily for His purpose.

Blessings,

the PTSD Widow

1 comment:

  1. No apologies needed! It's your own blog and you can vent frustartions about woes or whatever you want. Real lives and real people are usually hidden in the closet so the world can't see it. If you were upset that was a good enough reason, in itself. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete