CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Severe April Showers Bring...

Wow! I can hardly believe today is the last day of April. This month has been treacherous for the many people in the South who are affected by the severe weather. It's also been treacherous for many of my new friends who are dealing with the affects of severe PTSD/TBI storms in their own lives. I know this too well. My friends have been weathering a severe storm of the worsening of their son's rare heart condition. Unless they can successfully remove the fluid build-up from around his brain, he will not be a candidate for a heart transplant. Now that's a genuinely severe storm!

When I was a little girl, we would chant, "April showers bring May flowers." I know that something beautiful will emerge from the severe storms identified with this April. My husband and I were privileged to see the Tulip Festival about an hour north of us. The day we chose to attend was magnificent. The sun was shining, the clouds were perfect, and the tulip blooms were exquisite. That was a therapeutic event for me. Walking among the tulip blossoms made everything seem right with the world. I even bought a ton of tulips to brighten my kitchen.

Perhaps we have waded through the worst of the April storms and now we're stronger for it. Perhaps some of us are still in the middle of the muck and mire--hang on! Something beautiful is bound to spring up in the future.

Blessings to all,
the PTSD Widow

No comments:

Post a Comment