CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

Triggers

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of unidentified triggers. You know...the triggers you don't even suspect will set off your beloved. You know...the triggers that cause us to walk on eggshells because we don't know how our beloved will react. We can't avoid triggers unless we can identify them. And even then, I'm sure it's impossible to avoid them all the time.

Lately, everything has been a trigger for my husband's PTSD. He's gone a lot during the day because he believes that being away from the house is better for everyone here. In a way, he's right. We haven't turned on the news to learn anymore about the nuclear disaster in Japan or the devastation there. It's just too much for everyone in our household. I guess it makes us realize that life and the lifestyle we know is very fragile.

Blessings to you,

the PTSD Widow

No comments:

Post a Comment