CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Stroll Down Memory Lane...

My grandmother is dying. We have moved her to the Hospice House, and now the focus is comfort care. It has been difficult for everyone, but we've had some really fun days with her.

It is sad to watch Grandma's breathing and her overall health decline so rapidly; but, we've had really good days with her. She is using the upper part of her lungs, and she hasn't any reserves. She has been singing to us and remembering all kinds of poems and songs she used to sing. I have been typing as much of the songs as she is able to give us so that we can "write a book" as per Grandma's instructions.

Grandma wanted a birthday party, so we pulled together and put a party together within a few hours. My sister and cousin made blue shirts for everyone, I ordered the cake and purchased some decorations. Someone else brought the ice cream and drinks. My other cousin brought his guitar and we sang and laughed through the night. Grandma had a great time! We all were privileged with some fun memories.

My husband has been able to hold himself together. I know it is very difficult for him with twenty other people (practically strangers) in the room. He has actually been a strength, an encourager, and a blessing to my family. For some reason, my husband is able to keep himself together and he has a calming presence.

What an amazing experience! Please pray for blessings, strength and courage for my family as we prepare for the inevitable. Grandma is a believer, so that is not a huge concern. There are a handful of family members who haven't a clue about eternity. Pray for their salvation.

Blessings to you,
the PTSD Widow

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for your family, I lost my grandmother a year ago this past March.

    ReplyDelete