CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Joys...

My family and I went on a little overnight/day trip yesterday, and we just returned. We went searching for sunshine! We found sunshine, were educated on the production of hydroelecticity, and we enjoyed an evening of driving and swimming. This morning, I enjoyed another swim while my family enjoyed breakfast. It was great.

On the way home, the husband and I spent a little time at a fishing spot just off the freeway. The boys claimed to be too tired to fish in such windy conditions. I'll give them that for sure--it was rather windy, and I would have been miserable without my coat. I enjoyed the sunshine. The wind made the water look like crumpled aluminum foil, and it was beautiful!

I realized, once again, that sunshine produces heat--no matter what the other conditions contribute. In a way, this is like the joy of the Lord. Though I'm not always the best at reflecting joy in my life, the joy of the Lord can radiate no matter what the rest of life's circumstances look like. (PTSD episodes, other health issues, PMS, etc.)

My prayer is that the joy of the Lord will radiate from my life no matter what difficulties my husband and I face because of PTSD and because of life. I want to be careful to give God all glory and honor because He is the One who has sustained me and provided me with His strength.

Blessings and Joy to you all,
the PTSD Widow

No comments:

Post a Comment