CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 13, 2011

We're Home Now

The boys and I have been out-of-town since Wednesday of last week. It was a wonderful little trip! We got to enjoy the sunshine, we had the honor of attending a high school graduation, we spent a lot of time with family, and we enjoyed a party/picnic. The boys actually got to see a different side of my family and how a family should interact with each other. It was fabulous.

We came home yesterday evening. Did I mention we came home? Oh yeah---the husband started in right away and our excitement soon faded. It breaks my heart to realize that most of the words my husband speaks are negative. He can dampen the mood of any person by just pointing out the not-so-perfect stuff. He makes it difficult to want to share anything positive with him because he'll just ruin it. How much of that is attributed to PTSD? Is any of it? I'm beginning to wonder.

For instance,I was telling the husband about my niece and how she loved her "Auntie" and how much fun it was to have a two-year-old around. He was indifferent. So, I'll tell all my friends in "Bloggerland" about her. She woke up whining and whimpering one night. When I asked her what was wrong, she said, "I just don't want to talk about it." Coming from a two-year-old, that was funny! I finally just told her to close her eyes and go back to sleep.

No wonder I love spending time with my family. At least they are willing to laugh and play. Laughing, sunshine, and play really do a body good. I'm back home now in the damp, cold, and dark of this area of the country. There are so many days that I'm ready to move.

Until next time, I'll remember the laughter, the sunshine and how to have fun.

Blessings to you all,
the PTSD Widow

No comments:

Post a Comment