CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

San Francisco

This city is beautiful! The architecture of the homes is fabulous and even though they are practically stacked on top of each other, each home has its own unique style. I'm amazed at the number of people crammed in so little space, and frankly, I'll stick with my home in suburbia nestled on an acre.

My sister and I are content to spend the evening at our hotel. I believe the plan is to take advantage of the swimming pool and hot tub this evening. We've just eaten chips and salsa, carrots and ranch dressing and soda for the fourth night in a row. I think I'll talk her into dining elsewhere for tomorrow. The breakfasts have been marvelous. There is such a variety offered in the mornings--I could eat there every day of the week and be just fine.

A little boy at the next table made a comment about the man sitting across from us who had only one leg. Mom and sisters hushed him quickly. I don't know this for a fact, but I think the gentleman would've gladly responded to the little boys inquisitiveness. I think I would have used that as a teaching opportunity. The man is probably used to inquisitive children. I wonder if the man is a veteran.

Speaking of veterans, the Golden Gate National Cemetery is beautiful this weekend! Numerous flags decorate the gravestones and the roads. I'm glad there is a place of beauty to recognize the men and women who gave everything in order for us to enjoy the freedoms we enjoy. My sister and I could not find the way into the cemetery, but it was beautiful. I think I would have cried had we been able to go in and visit. Perhaps that is something we will do tomorrow.

As far as I know, things at home are going pretty well. Aside from the fact that my youngest twin has a scratch from above his eye to below his cheekbone, I believe they are doing well. My husband seems to be hanging on alright. He misses me, but he seems to be doing okay.

I'll blog more about our adventure in San Francisco and our day with the legendary Arthur Duncan when I return home.

Blessings to you all,
the PTSD Widow

No comments:

Post a Comment